Monday, July 9, 2018

If Dieting Won't Get You Lean, What Will?

I used to only care about numbers on the scale, letting my weight motivate me rather than how healthy I felt. I dieted to lose weight on the scale, and exercised to burn calories rather than building calorie-burning muscle.

At 5-foot-6, I set a goal of being 120 pounds. This number fell at the low end of what might be considered healthy for my height. Even when I achieved it, my regimen was so strict I could never maintain my results.

My weight was constantly going up and down. I was starving myself and doing hours of cardio to stay ahead of the dreaded weight gain. And still, it wasn't enough.

As I stated in my previous article "You Can't Out-Diet Your Training," unless you can follow a diet for the rest of your life, the diet will fail you.

Finding a Better, Healthier Way to Stay Lean Year-Round

Cutting calories and spending endless hours on the treadmill won't keep you lean long term—so, what will? Well, muscle burns fat for energy. If you want to stay lean without starving...


Source: If Dieting Won't Get You Lean, What Will?

No comments:

Post a Comment