Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Shawn Rhoden's 2018 Mr. Olympia Win: Anatomy Of An Upset

I was there when Shawn Rhoden, at age 43, called his Mr. Olympia victory.

It was a typical sunny, energy-filled Sunday afternoon at Gold's Gym, Venice. I had made the 28-mile excursion from Pasadena to the Mecca to meet up with Bill Comstock, the noted photographer and videographer, to record "The Swami's" "The Swami's" 2018 Olympia predictions.

Other than Dexter Jackson being put through a tough training session under the watchful eye of Charles Glass, no other Olympia competitors were in sight. After finishing the taping about 20 minutes later, I see a big dude, fully clothed in thick sweats, chilling on a stationary bike. Shawn Rhoden was in the house.

"I thought you were living in Santa Barbara these days," I said.

"I told my wife I had to train the last month here at Gold's," Rhoden calmly responded. "I'm 262 pounds right now and am already in excellent shape. This is the year I am going to win the Olympia."

It wasn't said with arrogance, just simple confidence. "Everyone...


Source: Shawn Rhoden's 2018 Mr. Olympia Win: Anatomy Of An Upset

No comments:

Post a Comment