Thursday, July 5, 2018

Are Pistol Squats Dangerous

I'll never forget the first time I saw a pistol squat. It looked so simple! But when I tried it for myself I was shocked by how much core strength, balance, and stability it took. And that's just to get down! Forget standing back up.

I was intrigued and inspired to master the exercise. Nearly two decades later, I'm much closer to that goal. I've done many thousands of reps on my own, and I've also coached a lot of other people to do their first rep, or improve their form if they could do a few already. Still, I find myself challenged and compelled to continue refining this move.

I truly think it is one of the all-time greatest exercises, but I know not everybody agrees with that. Despite my personal experiences, a lot of coaches have expressed concerns about the pistol squat, and if I'm being objective, those concerns aren't completely unfounded. So, let's look at why, and how to safely get the most out of this movement, if you find yourself under its spell.

Shots Fired

Any...


Source: Are Pistol Squats Dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment